Monday, May 3, 2010

It's a MYSTERY

Sometimes I feel like a first time Mom all over again with this little, FPIES child of mine. It can be so frustrating.
He is getting bad diaper rash, and mucousy diarrhea again. I think it could be strawberries? But, who really knows. I mean, he eats so many foods now that I just can't pin point it. I try to take things slow and as my previous post mentions, sometimes we don't. But, they start to make such great improvements and then you just go full speed ahead.
Today, he did not really want breakfast or lunch, but then for dinner, he ate this GIGANTIC feast. I swear he ate as much as I did! I am perplexed by these diapers though. I really can't figure them out. Maybe it's the strawberries, maybe not. I'm just tired. Is that bad to say?
I'm tired of studying poo, I'm tired of worrying, I'm tired of my baby boy pointing to the milk carton and whining, and I'm tired of denying him from everything.
It's funny how we have good days and bad huh? Compared to my post a couple of days ago, you'd probably think I was writing about two different kids. But, I'm not.
I'm just writing about one kid that I just can't figure out.
FPIES sucks.
I'm not chickening out of the dairy trial. Nothing is going to stop me from doing it this time!

3 comments:

  1. FPIES does suck! I hope you figure out what the issue is and I hope that it resolves quickly! Poor little guy! We will be thinking of you guys and hoping that this diaper issue is just a little blip on the FPIES radar and goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran across your blog the other day - I think my youngest daughter has FPIES...we go Monday for our first allergist consult.

    Just wanted to tell you that although my oldest daughter has no known allergies, strawberries make her poop a MESS...but no mucous that I'm aware of...

    I total understand your frustration of the good day/bad days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to find your blog today! My 11 month old has FPIES and after hospitalizations, days of vomit and bloody poo since 3 months, it is finally diagnosed and at least I know he is not alone! He is on Elecare and has been for 7 months now.

    ReplyDelete