Friday, April 30, 2010

New Foods Galore

I scheduled a dairy trial for May 18th.
I am sooo excited.
I'm to that point where I almost don't know what to do with his food until we pass milk.
I'm so hopeful, and yet so scared of being disappointed. My gut tells me I won't be. That he will pass dairy, and we will blissfully move on to eating cheese, milk, yogurt, etc. and we can stop buying that nasty formula!! Although, he seems to like it OK. I can't stand the smell of it.
Anyway, Kyle has been doing great lately, and we've been kind of crazy with giving him foods. We give him pretty much any fruits now, and don't even bother trialing them. I hope we don't regret that. He has just never reacted to a fruit, so we keep going with that.
Today I gave him Craisins. He didn't go for those.
Oh, and the ham went great! Although, he only liked the organic from Whole Foods. Go figure?
Also, I gave him a ritz cracker today. This will be the first time he has eaten a significant amount of something with soy oil in it. So, I'm not too worried, but I hope it's OK.
Anyway....I'll keep you posted. We're doing good so far.

Plus, he had his 15 month well visit. He is still about 50% for height and weight. So, that is great! Sometimes it doesn't even feel like he is sick. I hope that continues.

1 comment:

  1. Really dairy?? I am TERRIFIED of our dairy trial. We were supposed to do an in office trial for wheat but I got really brave one sunday (or wanted to get out of going to church) :) and tried it at home.
    but dairy... yuck!! I am so so so not ready for that.
    We have an appt in August. We will retest his IgE allergies and if milk isnt bad, I think maybe we'll do a trial in November. He'll be almost 2 then..
    Yuck.. I cant even think about it! :)
    I hope you can give us hope though...
    GOOD LUCK!
    We'll be praying for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete