Monday, May 17, 2010

Milk Challenge Tomorrow

Oh my gosh.

I am so scared for tomorrow.

We are FINALLY doing a milk challenge for Kyle. My sweet baby boy.

Lately, he's been doing so good, we've been giving him lots of new foods, but to get the OK on dairy products would be....well, just amazing!

I am scared of them putting an IV in him, I'm scared that he won't pass the challenge which would be SUPER bad news, and I'm scared of being alone in a doctor's office for 6 hours trying to entertain a 16 month old.

I cannot wait though to give him his first taste of cheese, yogurt and milk. All things which children should not be deprived of!

I am excited for the prospect of no more formula. At $21/can that lasts about 3 days, it's time to get on with it.

I don't know how I'm going to handle it if he doesn't pass though. Please pray for us. This is a big deal for our little family.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man. You are SO in my prayers. I don't know how you're going to do it. I would be a MESS!!!
    We aren't even going to think about dairy until December, when Miles is 2. I just dont really see that big of a need for it. We're doing great, and eat SO many new foods.
    Check in as soon as you can, I can't wait to hear how it goes, maybe you'll give me some courage!!
    GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I really hope all goes well! Fingers and "piggies" (toes) crossed for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! My LO is 18 months and we aren't even thinking of dairy yet. We've finally found two vegetables that are safe (most fruits are) and one, possibly two meats (fish and lamb). He could eat a fairly balanced diet if we could just add dairy and some grain.

    And I understand about formula costs. neocate is $$$. ugh.

    ReplyDelete