Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What next?

I feel like I'm at a standstill. I don't know where to go from here. Kyle seems to be doing good on corn, wheat, and eggs, but we need to trial something else this week. I need to see a nutritionist, I need to get him to learn how to use a sippy cup, and I probably need to move him to a toddler formula. *sigh*

I just don't know where to go next? I don't know what food to try next??? I got a little spooked by his bloody stool episode, so, now I've just been sticking with the staples. Wheat, corn, eggs, fruit.

I think I might try a bean next. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if my comment went through, but maybe try a kidney bean? I am not sure which beans are considered larger FPIES triggers but. . . You could either cook it and serve with a cornbread or for a little more fun, make a burger out of it, served on a wheat bun? Here is a recipe I found (just ditch the spices and use the beans, breadcrumbs,carrot if you can, and oil if it is not binding well) http://www.recipezaar.com/Kidney-Bean-Burgers-152713
    Have fun and good luck with whatever you choose! You are braver than us and we admire you for it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - thanks for checking out my blog! I am back after an unplanned blogging break. I have also linked to you on my blog. Great to find another FPIES mom. Will some time this week to read your blog from the beginning and learn your story. xo

    ReplyDelete