Friday, March 5, 2010

Bye Bye Breastmilk

So, I have officially weaned my son this week.

I have such mixed emotions about it.

He was gradually taking more and more formula and I just decided to take away that final feeding right before bed.

He is doing fine. I am not.

I am engorged, and feel sad. It's weird, because it's been 4 days since I nursed him, and I can now eat all the foods I used to love, and I feel a little lost. Like, a lifestyle I had been living for so long has now ended.

I also feel sad for not nursing, but I know it was the right time for me and him.

I feel like I can say I fought a good fight. I had no dairy/soy for a year and I was vigilant about it, so I could continue doing the best thing for my baby. Breastfeed.

However, why do I feel guilt when I am ready to stop?

1 comment:

  1. I know this is how I am going to feel too but we are excellent mothers for continuing on to nurse and eliminating so many things from our different. I know it is going to be so wierd for when so long it has been our way of life - Megan

    ReplyDelete