Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wheat and Corn and Eggs...Oh MY!

We have had so much success lately! Kyle has been doing so good on his food trials. He is eating cream of wheat like a champ, and corn (mostly in the form of Kix cereal...which is the best snack for him), and eggs. Oh how he was so excited to eat eggs!
The first time, he ate them it was like he was thinking..."Eggs!! Where have you been all my life??"

In a typical day at 13 months old, he is eating so. much. food. Well, at least for a kid with FPIES he is.

Here is a typical day:

Breakfast
1/4 cup of cream of wheat mixed w/favorite jarred fruit, sometimes a little banana on the side

Lunch
Pasta-Usually around 1/4 of a cup smothered in olive oil and salt and pepper. Yum! We just do the plain old white kind b/c the whole wheat and whole grain I used to buy have oats in them. grrrr. And, we also usually do 1/2 an avocado. Can I tell you how happy it makes me that he loves avocados as much as i do?

Dinner
Egg!! And some delicious Honey Whole Wheat Great Harvest Bread. Love that stuff and it only has 5 ingredients. The kid usually eats a whole egg, and a whole piece of bread.

If you had seen this kid at 8 months when he refused to eat pretty much anything, you would think this was as miraculous as I do. But, then again, I'm a little biased! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Meredith! I think I have seen you on the Babycenter Board. My daughter's name is Meredith-LOVE the name :) Anyway, I just started feeding my daugher pasta. I noticed that you use olive oil, salt and pepper. I was looking for "safe" spices on the internet the other day, and I read that you do not want to add salt to an infant/toddler's food because there is enough sodium in their formula or breast milk and their kidneys are not mature enough to handle the extra. Did your Dr. say it was alright to add salt? I am curious because I think pasta would tast a million times better to her with a little dash of salt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know! No one has ever told me to stay away from salt. I will definitely find out about this.... we might be meeting with a nutritionist soon, so if I find anything out, I'll let you know!
    I think for me, the main concern for a while was increasing his volume. Plus, I put maybe a dash...so not too much, but at what age is it OK then?

    ReplyDelete