Monday, June 28, 2010

Moving On....

My life has been crazy hectic lately. I've neglected the internet, and I actually didn't miss it too much, but I do feel strongly about this blog and keeping it updated to help other Moms out there.

Kyle is doing GREAT! We successfully passed milk the second time. He now has all organic, whole milk in his bottles. This makes me happy, and will hopefully ease the financial strain a little from all that formula! He likes cheese (sort of) and does not like yogurt. My daughter used to DEVOUR the YoBaby stuff, but he won't touch it. Still trying.....

Now, we feel a lot more comfortable with things. We've been re-introducing things he had in the past that we thought were problem foods (not a full blown FPIES reaction, but other weird things going on) and he's been doing fine with those too. Like green beans, for example.

This week we are trialing Soy Protein. I will be glad if he passes this one. We are going to do it the same way we did milk, just a little everyday for a week. We are going to use soy milk to trial. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm starting to feel like we should just go full steam ahead with everything but rice and oats, but I also don't want to jinx things. It's a constant argument in our house about when/how long, etc. to introduce things. I'm always erring on the side of caution, and my husband always wants to just go for it!

I'll be back in a week and let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Meredith...I recently became a "follower" for you- so, glad to see you have an update! :) Your blog was helpful to me when I was searching for resources on FPIES. I have decided to start my own blog and finding it helpful to journal about my little guy. You're on babycenter too, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, you're a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting the resistance to try more than one thing at a time. We space our new food introductions out by about 4 to 8 weeks to ensure the previous food cleared his system.

    We discovered my 2 1/2 year old son with FPIES at around 6 weeks of age, with intolerances to about 15 types of foods, including wheat, dairy, soy, egg, chocolate, beans, and on and on. I cooked for my wife while she nursed on an elimination diet and have cooked FPIES-safe recipes for over two years. I finally decided to put my recipes online and blog a bit about it. Reading your stories reminds me a lot of what we went through in the beginning. It's a long journey, but much easier when you've got the right stuff in your kitchen. Write me if you'd like to know anything specific about our experience. My wife would love to chat, too.

    Cheers!
    Dayce

    ReplyDelete