Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Quest

So, I'm trying SOOO hard. And this is hard.

Sorry to post about this yet again, but hey, if you don't want to read it...don't!


I went to this store on Saturday. Drove all the way to Buckhead and everything:

It really does look like this

and this inside.


I think if there were a grocery store in heaven, it would look like a Whole Foods and we would all get to shop there for free. I went in pursuit of dairy/soy free items that the local grocery store might not have.

I found the following:
pizza crust
bread
hamburger buns
cookies
and get this. NO CHEESE mac and cheese. What?

Ok, so here is my review. Cookies-disgusting. Pizza crust, buns-yum. And surprisingly, mac and cheese-YUM!! It tasted more like chicken noodle soup or something, but had the same creamy consistency that mac and cheese has. But, for $5 per serving...a little high. But hey, this mac and cheese was only 270 calories per serving. Not bad for a mac and cheese.
I also got some delicious avocados, tomatoes, artichoke and basil salsa, baguette bread, etc. there. Just to splurge. I mean, I did drive all that way. It was worth it too. I admit, I love food, and I just can't help but think, why did this have to happen to me? But, I catch myself and remember, it didn't..it happened to Kyle, poor baby.

So, I've been cutting out the soy for 6 days now, and it hasn't been too bad. However, there is still blood in his diapers. I can't seem to find any info. on how long it's going to take to get out of my system and his. Frustration! I have to admit, I have had more than one thought about giving up breastfeeding. Usually those thoughts come to me in the middle of the night at about 4am when I'm not thinking clearly. So, JD and I have been talking about maybe trying formula for a week and seeing what happens...so I went to Wal-Mart today to check out this "liquid gold" she told me about, and I got real nervous when I realized they kept it under lock in key. Yeah, like with the cigarettes.



Ironic that it has a gold label and lid isn't it? Well, it cost $25 for this little can that I hear lasts about 1-2 weeks only. I bought it, but made sure I could return it if unopened. She said I could. So, now I have this thing sitting on my counter staring at me with its $25 gold label. Not sure what I'll do yet. If I try it, and he is miraculously better, then I know it's something I'm eating and it's back to trying all these crazy elimination diets. Today I entertained the idea of doing what other moms call the TED-Total Elimination Diet. This involves eliminating at once all of the top 8 allergens which include:

* Milk
* Eggs
* Peanuts
* Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts)
* Fish (such as bass, cod, flounder)
* Shellfish (such as crab, lobster, shrimp)
* Soy
* Wheat

HOW? I ask again...HOW??? I just don't know what I would eat. I love food too much. Anyway, after eliminating for about 2 weeks to a month, you add stuff back in and see where the reaction is.

Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment